Monday 9 November 2009

One thought at a time


I’m running another little experiment, and you’re welcome to join me if you're interested…

How are you feeling today?

Are your thoughts bringing you up or bringing you down?

Our thoughts create our emotions. Our emotions create our lives: their vibration attracts other people, things and events with a similar vibration.

So if we want better lives, we need better emotions; if we want better emotions, we need better thoughts.

If you're anything like me, the negative thoughts outweigh the positive thoughts, which is why I’m so obsessed with learning how to improve my thinking process! I learnt a simple technique today that helps redress the imbalance... it's called the Pivot Process.

So, if I think about not earning enough, I feel bad. As soon as I catch that thought, I can notice that this thought has a flip side: I would love to earn lots of money. So, each time I think a thought that brings me down, I use it to direct me to a positive thought that inspires me.

This is a thought-by-thought process... It requires me to go slower, not faster in life, if I want to notice my thoughts. It requires me to live in the present, not in my future dreams and past memories.

This could seem like a Herculean task, but if they managed to build the Great Wall of China, then I guess I can become aware of my thoughts, one by one! And then turn them around...

My aim is to saturate my negative thoughts with positive thoughts and positive feelings, so that I become an even more positive person. I have a selfish agenda for this: I really, really do want to master the art of conscious creation. I want to be able to choose amazing experiences and know that I can create them quickly and easily. A grand vision indeed...

And it's achieved only by living in the present moment and using each negative thought to lead me to a positive thought... One brick at a time!

Let’s see how far we’ve got by December 9th…

No comments:

Post a Comment