Friday 31 December 2010

Getting out of my own way ... again!

My friend Debbie recently helped me learn a lesson I've grappled with for years.  When I want something to get better, to change, or when I need help, I pray.  And then, when life feels uncomfortable (and by that I mean, when life is not going my way) I think that my prayer hasn't be heard.  I wonder if I'm all alone... why others can manifest their desires, but I can't.

What she told me helped me understand the 'gritty moments' of life differently.  Einstein said that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome. If I want things to change, then I have be willing to let something different happen in my life in order to allow change to flow.

By allowing life to get a bit 'bumpy', I open myself up to something new.  I can regress and try to control events, to restore everything to the way I like it, but that's blocking change, evolution and growth.  It's closing the door on new opportunities and possibilities that might enrich me far more than the status quo.

It's challenging when life throws me a curve ball, and when I don't know what to do next.  But at least now, I can see those moments as doorways to an even fuller expression of who I am, into new experiences...

No comments:

Post a Comment