Wednesday 31 March 2010

Christmas for grown ups

It's like being children on Christmas Eve! 

Today we have the first scan for the baby!  I woke up this morning and my very first thought was, "Today is the first scan!". 

Thirty seconds later, Dirk woke up, turned over and said, "Today is First Scan Day!!"

My parents laugh indulgently: I guess that's what you get with a doctor and a midwife!  Meanwhile, his parents - this is their first grandchild - are placing orders for copies of the scan! 

As I haven't figured out how to scan photographs, you may be relieved to hear that I will spare you a blog dedicated to said scan!

When I wrote the title for this blog, I was remembering the fever-pitch excitement of childhood Christmases with my brothers, I was remembering the excitement that wonderful gifts generate.  It was only as I wrote the blog, that I realised how the birth of Christ was a such a great gift and how sacred life is... the arrival of every new life being a precious gift to humanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment