Wednesday 4 April 2012

We are one

When we were in Accident and Emergency room, the nurse asked if my husband would come.  I said I didn't think so, to which he replied that Dirk probably would.  His wisdom was this...

"Once we have loved ones, we discover that our bodies are no longer our own.  When something happens to a loved one, we no longer feel well in ourselves.  We feel anxious, upset, eager to soothe and heal our loved one.  So even though the body looks separate, we're really not.  Our bodies extend out to our loved ones."


Later on, I looked up, and there was Dirk, standing in the doorway of the treatment room.

Many spiritual traditions teach that we are all one, but this was the singularly most graphic demonstration I have had of the truth of that teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment