Friday 12 October 2018

Preparing Children - and loved ones - for The Event


Blue, Green, Orange and Red Rainbow Design DecorationA recent blog by Narendra, giving his 9 year old son's perspective on the upcoming Event, struck a cord with me.

My son is just about to turn eight.  He's smart, alive, intuitive and ... a boy!  He thinks meditation is sleeping (oh no, I'm not!) and dimensional shifts only happen to Pokemon!


But, like Narendra, I've been aware that The Event could happen while he's at school, while I'm not there to support and reassure him, and where many others around him may panic - I'm thinking more about the staff than the kids, as I do think kids intuitively get this more than we do.

So to prepare him, I've been talking about huge waves of energy coming from the sun.  I've said that it might even look as though the colours have left the rainbows to dance and swirl across the sky in joyfulness and love.

I haven't said anything like 'there's nothing to be afraid of', because that introduces the very word 'fear' into his consciousness.

As we get closer, I am going to extend this description to imagining the rainbow colours swirling through his body and filling him with their joyfulness and love.   Others might wonder what's happening, but he, I will tell him, will know that this is what love looks like, when you can see it with your very eyes.

I am hoping that, when the time comes, this tiny seed will blossom effortlessly.

Much harder, are my parents, in their seventies.  What do I say to them, to begin to prepare them?

I have decided to go down the more 'scientific' route with them, drip feeding the idea that the sun, according to scientists, is shooting out bigger and more intense solar flares that stretch far out into space, and that, a bit like the aurora borialis, we may even get to see 'light shows' in the sky.

As grown ups are much predisposed to fear, I think it will be important to include the fact that the sun is always shooting out high-energy flares and they don't harm us at all, it's just that these particular ones will have the by-product of once-in-a-lifetime multi-coloured skies.

If you have any ideas you'd like to share about how you're preparing your friends and family, I would love to hear your ideas<3

No comments:

Post a Comment