Monday 5 October 2009

The present


Have you ever had a dream that is bigger than you are?

I don't know why I'm asking the question - perhaps because I have a huge dream. Now here's the rub: I don't exactly know what that dream is... I can identify some of the elements: love, transformation, care, kindness, joy, laughter, embrace...

As I write this, I realise that the biggest dream of all is surely life itself... Not what we do with it, but who we be with it... so to speak!

I'm always looking for what I ‘should’ do with my life. Indeed, I have twisted myself into some impressive knots worrying about what I have done, am doing and will do with my life... And in the process, I miss the love, transformation, care, kindness, joy, laughter, and embrace in the present moment.

It's so simple and I keep forgetting it, choosing instead to worry about something I cannot control rather than embracing what is; instead of trusting the journey I am on, I want someone else's journey... far away hills and all that...

The magnificence of my life... The magnificence of your life...

How often do we ignore it and lose what is most precious?

Yet another Memo to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment